Friday, February 15, 2013

Farewell

Goodbye Pinewood! Goodbye Charleston! Goodbye South Carolina! I can't believe yesterday was my last day at school. I've had such a great time and it was a great experience that I will never forget. I met so many new people and I experienced so many Southern things. I'm really going to miss all my new friends from Pinewood and all the great teachers and classes. It was so generous of the Mandell's to let me stay with them and take me to many classic Southern places.

Now I am in Charleston and it has been amazing! I love all the history and architecture and the shopping too! My mom and brother Gus picked me up from Summerville yesterday and today we walked around downtown Charleston and we even went to Fort Sumter, where the Civil War began! I can't believe I'm already going back home to Philadelphia tomorrow and going back to my school on Wednesday. Maybe I will go on a Network exchange next year to a whole new state and school!

Friends in Spanish class.

Spanish class.


Friends in art class.

Saying goodbye to a few friends in the hallway after school.

The Mandell's house.

Horse and carriage ride in Charleston.

Charleston Harbor.

Sailboat on Charleston Harbor.

First flag flown over Fort Sumter.

Fort Sumter view.

Fort Sumter cannon.

Flags in Fort Sumter.

No comments:

Post a Comment