Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dress Day

     Today was dress up day which happens every Wednesday. Each person has to dress up, so the girls usually wear a skirt, dress or dress pants and the boys have to wear a dress shirt, tie and dress pants. It was fun to get a little dressed up and to see everyone else in their more fancy attire. So today we went to homeroom and instead of having first period, all the freshman had to go meet in the cafeteria. We had a meetin about GPA's, grades, college and other academic related topics. I've noticed that Pinewood focuses on college right when you get into high school. I know that it's important to start talking about it but it's different then my school because they are called a college prep school. After the meeting we went to our normal classes. In Human Geography we had a competition so we split up into two teams and Mr. Stjern asked us questions about our agriculture unit. Our team won in the end so it was pretty exciting!

     At 7th period we had an assembly so I didn't get to have art that day. The assembly was an awards ceremony. They talked about clubs, they had people preform musical acts (including Lily who sang a duet from a musical) and they even talked about the Network of Complementary Schools. Ms. Girgan got up to the microphone and started talking about the Network of Complementary Schools exchange program. After she explained a little she started asking questions. Her first one was, "Please stand if you are a Network Student" and so I stood up all by myself and lots of people clapped and cheered. I had no idea she was going to do that so it was quite a surprise. Then she asked if people had been a Network exchange student in the past or if you have hosted a network exchange student and she asked a few more questions like that.

    School ended and Lily and I met up along with her friend Dana. We drove the golf cart back to her house and hung out for a little bit. At 4:45 we met up with their friend Olivia and we all went to a place called Seasons of Japan for an early dinner. It was really good and we all got teriyaki chicken. Then we all went to CVS to get valentines day candy. We all went our separate ways and then later around 6:30, Lily and I went to Piggly Wiggly which is a grocery store. I had spot it on my way into Summerville and I just loved the name so we went in to look around and I ended up buying a Piggly Wiggly shirt. Then we did a little clothing shopping and headed home.

    I can't believe tomorrow is my last day at Pinewood! It seemed like this trip was way to short and I'm really going to miss it here and the people here too. I really enjoyed coming to Pinewood and experiencing a whole new school with all different people. It was a great experience and I can't believe it's ending so soon!

Golf cart ride on our way home back from school with Lily (left) and Dana (right).

The Piggly Wiggly grocery store.

The japanese restaurant that we went to.


No comments:

Post a Comment